Attend. Participate. Share.
This year we have some special prizes for participating in the conference via social media. We encourage all registered participants to try and connect with us and the whole MB ESL community online before, on, and after May 19!
before the conference
- how: share details about our conference on Twitter with our hashtag #teamconf17; if posting on Facebook, mention our Facebook group (@manitobateam) to be entered in the competition
- where: Twitter, Facebook
- why: to win a $50 gift card and support a local Winnipeg business staffed by Syrian refugees and co-owned by a Syrian refugee and first generation Egyptian immigrant – Arabesque Hookah Cafe and Restaurant
during the conference
- how: share your learning (aha moments, links to resources, interesting bits of information) via Twitter or Facebook. Always add #teamconf17 to your tweets and posts to enter into the competition; if posting on Facebook, mention our Facebook group (@manitobateam) to be entered in the competition.
- why: to win a set of pronunciation textbooks from Nelson: Well Said Intro & Well Said Intermediate
after the conference
- how: share your thoughts and notes on the sessions you attended via Twitter or Facebook. Always add #teamconf17 to your tweets and posts to enter into the competition; if posting on Facebook, mention our Facebook group (@manitobateam) to be entered in the competition.
- why: to win a $50 gift card at Arabesque Hookah Cafe and Restaurant
Get Started with Twitter
You will need a Twitter account. It should be set as public, so others can see your tweets. If you want to remain anonymous, you can use a pseudonym for your username. Complete your profile by adding an image and some details about your interests.
If you are new to Twitter, take your time to observe how Twitter works:
- Read some Twitter accounts
- Notice how those people interact
- Check who they follow and who follows them
- View what they share
Find and follow Twitter accounts of other ESL professionals and organizations. Some suggestions are:
Start participating in the public conversation on Twitter by:
- sharing some interesting articles/videos related to our presentations
- retweeting posts you found useful and interesting
- commenting on another participant’s tweets
Note: Add the hashtag #TEAMCONF17 to all conference-related tweets. Click on the hashtag to see all resources and comments related to the conference.